ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position operates with a minimum of direct supervision and requires a self-starter who works well individually or in a team environment.
- Provides high level reports and analysis of segment revenue, production and manufacturing costs with a minimum of supervision.
- Responsible for a portion of the month end close including the ICP eliminations, Lower of Cost or Market calculations and other segment related entries.
- Generates financial reports, consolidated and division financial bridges and related analysis for monthly and quarterly reviews, quarterly audit requirements and various management meetings.
- Provides segment support and expertise with regard to budgeting, forecasting and internal reporting. Assists in segment financial process improvement by becoming familiar with financial reporting systems (BPC & SAP).
- Assists in the development and maintenance of financial models used for forecasting, budgeting and analysis.
- Assists Segment Controller, SBU Vice Presidents and COO of the Vinyls segment in annual budgeting process by providing budgeting templates to departments, budget analysis, modeling expertise and upload to SAP system. May assist with investor relations activities, presentations, reporting and meetings as required.
- Lead and/or assist as appropriate in the development of forecast models and financial analysis models using the BPC model and SAP.
- Provide Sales Revenue Reporting and distribute to appropriate managers.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for management.
- Perform other assignments as they relate to financial analysis and forecasting as requested.
- Other projects and duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Segment Controller.
- Provide BPC reports as requested and assist field locations as needed with BPC issues.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
None to very limited. Short term supervisory responsibility may be assigned from time to time over other analysts to accomplish projects on a timely basis. This role will serve as a leadership model role to analysts who have not achieved senior analyst status.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with progressive technical and operational business experience preferably in a petrochemical or related field
- 6 - 8 + years of relevant experience in accounting or finance related fields
- CPA and MBA is strongly preferred
- Strong financial analysis and cost accounting experience is preferred
- The individual must have a high degree of competency with spreadsheet programs, including EXCEL
- SAP and BPC experience strongly preferred
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 10% including air travel or auto travel.