This position will work with the North America Region Assistant Controller and other members of the Controller Analysis Team to support various projects and initiatives. As a member of the NAMR Finance team, he/she will participate in the delivery of reliable accounting services to support business needs. The role will provide analysis, reporting and project management to the North America regional finance organization in the following areas.
Provide support to ongoing regional and global initiative to improve days sales outstanding (DSO) and client contract management across the various systems within the North America region. Serve as a key contact and liaison with our Contract to Cash team in Nexus. Team on improving regional business processes to obtain improvements in service delivery, cost efficiencies, reduce risks, and maintain infrastructure necessary to support the growth of the business.
Providing analysis and influence, with strong attention to detail: You will prepare and distribute monthly reporting to the North America offices/systems, Global Services, and regional leadership. Communicating key takeaways, trends, and opportunities for improvement. You will organize and coordinate monthly calls with the local offices sitting in North America to better understand and influence project and client level invoicing and payment challenges.
* Understanding the big picture, even when the work gets granular, requiring strong organizational skills - an ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize them, and carry them out independently. This role does require you to "roll up your sleeves" and play an active role to make change happen. At the same time, it provides amazing exposure to and engagement with NAMR Leadership.
* Uncovering insights from large data sets utilizing the latest analytical tools to help drive direction of the Region while also being able to pinpoint root cause to improve isolated issues.
* Problem solving and forwarding thinking - a key aspect of this role is to support specific finance projects ad hoc requests and backup responsibilities within US Accounting, flexing to ensure we're focusing on the highest value opportunities.
* A focus on continuous improvement - you will work with the Assistant Controller to implement process improvements (example: invoicing best practices) across the offices while incorporating feedback.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, with 3+ years of relevant experience of proven excellence with analysis, reporting and presentation of findings
* Ability to team with senior management on various analysis
* Familiarity with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* Oracle GL experience preferred
* Flexible, ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced organization. High level of initiative, self-direction and resourcefulness.
* Strong organization, communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions to drive projects to conclusion
* Team-oriented, motivated to learn and willingness to tackle variety of assignments from routine tasks to more intricate requests and the ability to take ownership of driving results, and interfacing with senior management. Present findings and next steps