Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The PS Deal Desk manager will play a key role in growing and scaling Medallia's Professional Services Deal Desk team. As a trusted advisor to Professional Services Sales(PSS), Finance, and Legal teams, you'll provide guidance on structuring deals and driving process improvements. To be successful in this role, you'll have a customer-centric attitude and an appreciation for working collaboratively in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. If you're skilled in bridging business and sales needs-we'd love to hear from you!
This role will report to our Director, Deal Desk, and the position can be based remote to support US business hours.Responsibilities
- Responsible for helping support all verticals of the PSS organization
- In partnership with Sales, Legal, Accounting, and Finance teams, manage commercial contract development and drive consensus to meet deadlines
- Maintain a holistic view of a deal during contract negotiations; drive internal stakeholder discussions and alignment on customer concerns or key business issues that arise during negotiations
- Partner with Sales Operations, Systems, Revenue, Finance, Legal, to drive process improvements, automation, and team development
- Develop tools that help the Sales team effectively price and structure deals while maintaining compliant business metrics and requirements
- Subject matter expert on deal structuring, processes, and policies
- 5+ years of overall experience in Deal Desk and deal structuring
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse stakeholders across Finance, Sales, Pricing, Legal, Systems
- Ability to analyze, model and recommend the best course of action for complex pricing, negotiations, and business situations; quantitative experience required
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, CPQ, and Google Apps
- Strong understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Ability to manage multiple variables, and toggle approach within defined parameters as well as the ability to drive rapid, but fact-based decision-making with imperfect data
- Comfortable with communicating with Senior Leadership
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our .
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.